Friday, April 11, 2008

...I have found some kind of temporary sanity in this...







(Sigh) There it is . Mm. Dammit. I don't know what it is about this one, (The young starlet positioned to the right or above this text is one, Jessica Simpson) but she makes me want to drink the Kool-Aid. If I believed something as ridiculous and malicious as the existence of the christian god, I would fold for this one. I would fall over like a tent full of drunken teenagers. I'd pray. Hell, I'd join the Army. Do you have any idea how many Arabs I would bury wrapped in pig fat to have a crack at this all star piece of....work? Quite a few.



Now I'm not obsessed with stars or starlets or actors or celebrities in general. But there are two people I like to occasionally glimpse over at the glittery abomination just to see... maychance to dream??.... Those two people are both women... however, one of them, the aforementioned, I look at out of sheer heartfelt want and wanton lust. The other I look upon with even greater emotion: morbid fascination. Deep, delicious, intoxicating fascination at the absolute debacle of a life that has become one Britney Spears.



(Gasp) Ohhh, how delightful. You sweet, beautiful, misunderstood thing.


Fun Fact: Bobby Brown produced Britney's Second Studio Album, 'Oops....I did it again'. Incidentally, Whitney Houston, on September 14, 2006, filed for legal seperation from Bobby Brown. Who cares, right? September 14, 2006 is one year, almost to the day, that Britney and Kevin Federline's first child was born, and exactly the day that their second was born. Coincidence? Right..... and there's no such thing as luck.

The funny thing about all the hubbub surrounding Ms. Spears is that they all have that tinge of morbidity, of foreshadowing. It is as if every one of these vultures wants to make damn sure that their piece ran right before she choked on her own vomit. That they called it because they had a connection. They were true artists, overshadowed by the Mouseketeer who would go on to suck on the barrel of a 12 gauge shotgun and paint the ceiling with a sanguine hue that would look almost inspired in the blinding light of the forensic pathologist's lamp. They would profit and benefit for years to come as being the ones that were right there when this once bright and shining star simply decided that she had seen everything. She would come to a grim realization that a great many of us do; that this is all there is. This is your life. The difference between Ms. Spears' realization and our own is that we may never have gotten so high. We've never seen the other side of the pile of money. To get that high that quickly must be very exhilerating only to find that you can't get any higher.
Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze.
Shine on you crazy diamond
Pink Floyd
1974
But I digress.....
Perhaps I'll follow with a fart joke to lighten this side up a bit.
Alfric Mordem









No comments: